The Pamphlet on Practical Knowledge, Technology and Products in Earthquake Relief was published lately. The pamphlet was compiled by the Earthquake Relief Expert Group jointly established by the National Disaster Reduction Commission and MOST. The initial circulation is 8000 copies which have been distributed to Sichuan, Gansu, Shaanxi, as well as the Disaster Reduction Center of the Ministry of Civil Affairs among other related departments. The pamphlet covers the following topics:
1) Safety evaluation and reconstruction of buildings;
2) Prevention of secondary disasters induced by earthquake;
3) Safe drinking water and water supply;
4) Sanitation, epidemic prevention and psychological assistance;
5) Nutrition and food safety;
6) Rural private housing and drinking water;
7) Control and prevention of animal diseases and agricultural recovery.